List of Expertise
Todd P. Stitik MD is a Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School. He is also the Director of Outpatient Musculoskeletal/Occupational Medicine, and Fellowship Director for the Department of PM&R's musculoskeletal medicine/interventional pain management fellowship program. Musculoskeletal ultrasound is his primary clinical interest. He performs musculoskeletal ultrasound diagnostics and interventional procedures on a daily basis, publishes on ultrasound topics, and teaches ultrasound locally, nationally and internationally. Dr. Stitik is a registered Musculoskeletal Ultra sonographer through the ARDMS and part of an ARDMS committee charged with revising the musculoskeletal ultrasound board examination.
J. Antonio Bouffard MD, or Tony to his friends, is a Bone Radiologist embedded in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. He is in charge of Orthopaedic & Sportsmedicine Ultrasound in the DMC, which takes care of 3 professional sports teams: the Detroit Tigers (baseball); the Detroit Pistons (basketball); and the Detroit Red Wings (ice hockey).
Tony received his Bachelor of Science ‘75 and Bachelor of Education ‘76 degrees from the University of Toronto, Canada, and was graduated MD ’80 at the Manila Central University, Philippines. He finished his Medical Internship ’81 at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas. From there, he completed his Radiology Residency ’85 at the Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, then 2 tandem Fellowships in Nuclear Medicine ’87 then Magnetic Resonance Imaging ‘88 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
A year in private practice at the Holy Cross Hospital in Detroit was followed by 2 decades working at the Henry Ford Hospital, first as a Radiology Director for the Northeast Clinics, and then as a Bone Radiologist in the Main Hospital. Finally, in the DMC since 2010, he now practices Orthopaedic and Sports medicine Ultrasound exclusively.
His portfolio contains over one thousand invited lectures and work-shops, including abstracts and posters. He has over a dozen of peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. He has been featured in several video presentations by SonoWorld and other venues. He has been invited to lecture in 36 countries, as varied as Russia and Argentina.
Fernando Jiménez MD, PhD is a native of Toledo, which is the historical capital of Spain. He graduated from the most prestigious Spanish medical school, La Universidad Complutense de Madrid. He is a Diplomate in Sport Medicine and Physical Education and earned his PhD at the University of Cordoba, Spain, with a research on the assessment of the physiological response in simulated combat military activities.
Doctor Jimenez has worked as a consultant physician in several professional sports teams in both football-soccer as well in professional cycling, which includes the Tour de France, and for the past eleven seasons in the Spanish Professional Basketball League (ACB), as Chief Medical Officer Basketball team Fuenlabrada for 24 years.
Fernando currently serves as a Professor at the Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Castilla and La Mancha and heads the research group "Deporsalud" oriented to the study of "Sports Performance and Injury Rehabilitation”. He is also Professor in the Catholic University San Antonio of Murcia, University Pablo Olavide of Seville, and National Polytechnic Institute of Mexico. He is an expert in the sonographic diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries, and has published several books on clinical and ultrasonographic study of sports injuries, the latest entitled 'Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2nd Edition' (Publisher Marban 2010). He has authored over peer-reviewed 100 publications and articles in journals of scientific interest,
He has been invited to lecture in many countries, and this list continues to grow as many more have included him in their Lecture and Laboratory Faculty. He is very much encouraged to share his knowledge of Sportsmedicine Ultrasound as he sees the dedication of many of his international colleagues applying this expertise to their patients around the globe. Doctor Jimenez can be contacted thru the Universidad de Castilla y La Mancha.
• Full Rheumatology Residency program at the Rheumatology Department, Prof J. Gijon Baños, Hospital La Paz, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain (1990-1994).
• Full Doctoral Programme in the Department of Internal Medicine, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain.
• PhD degree (Cum Laude), Complutense University, Madrid, Spain with the thesis “Assessment of inflammatory activity with ultrasound in rheumatoid arthritis”.
• Visiting Fellowship at the Department of Radiology, Musculoskeletal Unit, Prof M. van Holsbeeck, Henry Ford Hospital Detroit, Michigan USA, in 1995.
• From 1995, musculoskeletal ultrasound performed in daily rheumatology practice.
• In September 1996, founder of the Ultrasound School of the Spanish Society of Rheumatology and since then organizer and teacher.
• From 1998 to 2011, Staff member of the Department of Rheumatology, Hospital Universitario Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
• Since 2012, Staff member of the Department of Rheumatology, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain
• Faculty in EULAR Sonography Courses from 1998.
• Member of the EULAR Working Group for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound since 2000.
• Member of the OMERACT group for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound since October 2003. Co-chair of the group since May 2008.
• Member of the EULAR Standing Committee on Imaging since June 2008.
• Chair of the EULAR Standing Committee on Musculoskeletal Imaging since June 2014.
• Level 3 of Competency in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound by EFSUMB (European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology), 2013.
• Organiser and Faculty member of more than 150 national and international musculoskeletal ultrasound courses.
• Published articles (over 130), abstracts (over 150) and book chapters (over 35), and conferences (over 250) concerning musculoskeletal ultrasound.
• Reviewer for indexed International Journals of Rheumatology.
• Member of the Editorial Board of Current Rheumatology Reviews
• Associate Editor of the International Journal BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.
Radiology, Costa Rica, Master on Rheumatology Ultrasound, Argentina Expert on Ultrasound, Spain MSK MRI, USA ,Radiology Teacher, Costa Rica